Thank you for taking the time to look at our Early Childhood Center
We are truly a special place and welcome you to become part of our community, our family. We offer a wonderful family center with a variety of classes for infants and toddlers and a stellar preschool program for 2-5 year olds. If you are looking for a place to belong, a place that your family can meet lifelong friends, experience a top quality education and flourish as part of a community, you’ve come to the right place. Take some time to review our web pages and please contact us with any questions or to schedule a tour. We are available year round and would be honored to help you in any way we can.
“KI is the #1 preschool choice for our family. I am so impressed by you, your staff, teachers and facility. I know our child will blossom in your nurturing, structured, inspiring environment. We love your emphasis on developing social skills, respect for teachers, others and self and Jewish identity.” – Laura
“As always, extremely impressed by the efficiency of everything you and your team do at KI, and the tremendous level of communication and engagement with your parents. Every day I’m again reminded that this was the best decision for our family. Thank you!” – Melody
“As the mother of two recent ECC graduates, I am grateful to the incredible teachers and staff at KI for preparing both of my children for success in private school kindergarten and beyond. Through play-based activity, and later through engaging T-K activities, my daughters developed important reading readiness and writing skills. Equally important was the loving way the teachers fostered their social-emotional development and love of learning. Our family couldn’t have asked for a better preschool experience.” Kim
Early Childhood Center Mission Statement
The Kehillat Israel Early Childhood Center (ECC) is an inclusive, developmental, early childhood education program grounded in Jewish values which respects the individuality of each child and seeks to instill a love and pride in being Jewish by providing meaningful experiences for children and their families in a safe, nurturing, stimulating and sacred environment.
- Foster a love of learning, creativity and wonder.
- Provide a variety of opportunities for each child to grow at his or her own pace, physically, cognitively, socially, spiritually and emotionally.
- Nurture positive moral and spiritual character development.
- Provide consistent opportunities for children to feel competent, successful and loved just being who they are.
- Instill a love of Israel and positive sense of belonging to the Jewish people.
- Encourage families to develop a meaningful and lasting connection with Kehillat Israel that promotes participation in synagogue life beyond the ECC.
- Ensure that the faculty and staff are knowledgeable and skilled in child development and Jewish education, and encourage participation in ongoing education and self-evaluation.